The PNU Online Education aims to achieve the following:
1. expand access to baccalaureate, post-baccalaureate Teacher Education certificate and degree programs through distance education.
2. broaden access to quality education by providing quality certificate, undergraduate and graduate degree programs to learners who cannot avail of residential instruction.
3. train PNU faculty and administrators in program development and implementation of distance education.
4. upgrade teacher competencies at all school levels i.e., pre-school, elementary, secondary and higher education through a system of continuing education.
5. conduct research on the components of Distance Education for policy studies.